Sunday, January 24, 2010

"I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me how. God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. ive me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."

- Psalm 119:32-34 (the Message)


"I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart."
- Psalm 119:32-34 (NIV)

"I will pursue your commands, for you expand my understanding. Teach me your decrees, O Lord; I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart."
- Psalm 119:32-34 (NLT)

"I shall run the way of Your commandments, For You will enlarge my heart. Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, And I shall observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may observe Your law And keep it with all my heart."
- Psalm 119:32-34 (NASB)

So, here comes the commentary by Jamie:
I LOVE how different translations interpret verse 32.

"If you'll just show me how"
"You have set my heart free"
"You expand my understanding"

"You will enlarge my heart"

All of those phrases speak to me in the way I am developed by Him when I just stay running on the course he has for me. I don't have to understand it all - just keep running, and my heart is set free to understand and grow.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3 (TNIV)

No comments: