Thursday, March 11, 2010

A God-Shaped Life


"A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree." 

- Proverbs 11:28 (the Message)


"Trust in your money and down you go! But the godly flourish like leaves in spring."
- Proverbs 11:28 (NLT)

"Trust in your wealth, and you will be a failure, but God's people will prosper like healthy plants."- Proverbs 11:28 (CEV)

"Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf."
- Proverbs 11:28 (TNIV)

We had such a great discussion in Financial Peace University last night. In Proverbs 22:7, it says that the borrower is slave to the lender.
In Luke 16:13, it says we cannot serve both God and money.
If I'm in debt to anyone but God, I'm torn between two masters. Clinging to one, despising the other.
Who am I clinging to?
I'm so excited about the debt Tim and I have already paid off, and the snowball effect in place for the rest of it.  

On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand (especially consumer debt).

No comments: